Sunday, January 5, 2014

Isabelle's Collection!

Hey guys! Happy new year!
On January 1, American Girl released the brand new Girl of the Year, Isabelle Palmer, at the extremely high price of $120 (excluding her accessories or ear piercing). This year, I've decided to continue the tradition of sharing my opinion on the the new GOTY and her collection!


Firstly, we have Isabelle, who is basically Lanie with straight hair. Although she's pretty, she isn't very original. But she comes with pink hair streaks, that's a first!
Grade: B-
Would I buy her: lolno


As for her clothes, American Girl is selling them as separates. Most pieces I wouldn't buy, but the idea of selling as separates is pretty smart. (I usually don't like the coordinates that AG makes, their doll outfits can be a bit too flashy when paired together.)
So here are my favorites of the separates:

This sweater is probably one of the only things I would wear in her collection.

Grade: A
Would I buy it? Yes.

It's a tutu, how could you not like it? It's so likeable! Sorry for the sucky quality.

Grade: A for cuteness! :D
Would I buy it? Probably not, but it looks so fluffy omg

And of course, with every Girl of the Year comes one huge, expensive (and sometimes unnecessary item). For Saige, it was the Hot Air Balloon, for McKenna, it was the loft bed, for Kanani, it was the Shave Ice Stand, and for Lanie, it was the trailer.
For Isabelle, it's a $275 sewing studio, that folds into an armoire with a mirror...


..which is actually really cool and looks maybe sort of worth it?

Grade: B
Would I buy it? Probss not but it looks nice ;)

So there you have it, my opinion and grades for everything in Isabelle's collection!
I hope you guys all have a wonderful year!


No comments: